Sunday, November 16, 2008

Red Bull Brownies

I was looking for a good brownie recipe and found this on Allrecipes, one of my favorite sites: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/MMMMM-Brownies/Detail.aspx



I made two batches. The first I made like the recipe suggests; however, I added another cup of chocolate chips after the batter cooled. As they were baking, I made a second batch to take to work. This one I wanted to try some espresso in the brownies. So instead of 2 Tablespoons of water, I dissolved 2 Tablespoons of instant espresso powder in the water. Since I was taking the brownies to work, I didn't want to cut the tray, so I took a little chunk from a corner just to taste. They taste a little over-javafied! I'm thinking a piece of the brownies may end up having the same effect as a red bull considering how they taste. We'll see how they go tomorrow. Unfortunately the first batch that was for home didn't cook the way I wanted, they were gooey and pretty soupy at about 27 minutes. I put them back in for another 5, and they're still not the consistency I wanted. I think it was that extra cup of chips that were added. Instead of being chunks, they seemed to melt in with the rest of them. The only other thing I can think of is whether it was the fact that I baked them in a glass Pyrex dish. At any rate, the first batch was a big thumbs down. We'll see tomorrow how the second batch goes over in the office.

No comments: